I know it is long, I just couldn't take pieces out of my journal. So I just put the whole thing in. I still have to go through my photos and chose some to blog. Maybe I will have them tomarrow.
Wednesday, April 11, 2006
Today we packed for Mexico! We had a lot to do still. I had to do a lot of laundry and get packed. Mike was coming home at noon and David at 3pm and we were leaving for Utah. I finally got all of us packed and then we still had to clean the house. Vacuum, Scrub bathrooms, Dishes, Change sheets, Pick up the dogs mess out side. You know just make the house ready for family to come and take care of the animals and kids. Kaitlyn had Pre-school at noon-2 and then Dance at 2:30. This was her last dance class this year. Her recital is on the 21st. I can’t wait! Mike came home and was a big help. He did all the bathrooms for me. David came home and we were ready to go. We left around 3:30 and headed for Utah. We stopped in Pocatello for Dinner. Arbeys. And Then on to Tremonton to Mom and Dad Skoy’s, just to check in and give them some instruction on the when they get back home with them on Sunday. We left there and took the kids to Kaysville, Kristie’s house. They were so excited to stay at their cousins house. They don’t get to see them very often and to get to stay for 4 days is unheard of. The jumped out of the car and ran in the house. We couldn’t say goodbye to them fast enough. We gave them hugs in the middle of them playing and they didn’t even get upset. It was 8pm when we left and headed over to Angies. She had a bed for us to sleep in. When we got there Mike had a computer problem so My Mike had to try and fix it. Angie and I talked for a few minutes and I headed off to bed. Mike finally made it around 11pm.
Thursday April 12,
We slept until 2 (wow 3 hours) and then had to leave for the Airport. Our flight was at 5:30 from SlC to Houston. When we got to the Airport No one was there. I thought SLC was a 24 hr Airport. Not so. They don’t open until 4. We were told to be 2 hours early for our flight! We had to wait for the ticket office to open up. We got our tickets and then checked our baggage, then as we went to go through security, THEY WERE CLOSED! They don’t open until 4:30! So there was a big line for them. We got through easily and then waited for our flight and the rest of the crew of Valley, I was looking out side by our gate and it looked like a private plane was in our terminal. We flew Continental. I told Howard (owner) that we better not be riding in that thing. WELL GUESS WHAT! It wasn’t a private plane, but, it did only have 13 rows and 3 seats across! You couldn’t even stand up in the plane. My short head touched the top!! I was so nervous! Our seat was row 12. By the Bathroom. We also sat over the wing, and just in front of the engine!!! The noise did not go away the entire 3 hour flight!!!! If anyone knows what that sounds like I am sorry. Me on 3 hours sleep and then a flight in tight spaces with an engine in my head, I was just supposed to have a Migraine today. And I did. This was the longest flight I have ever been on. I was at the window and so I could see out, but what could I see, the wing! Oh and Clouds. It was so cloudy that we couldn’t see SLC when we got up there. We finally saw land when we got into Texas. There are a lot of Trees in Texas. More than Idaho! I was so impressed! We had a little bit of turbulence but we had a nice landing. I never want to ride in a plane like that again. I tried to get away from the noise by listening to music. That didn’t work, too loud. I tried to sleep but I couldn’t when we were so close we were on top of each other. I tried to play a video game, but my eyes hurt with the migraine. My ears would not pop, I think that was a lot of the migraine also! W finally got into Houston and we went to get something to eat.. This Airport was so big, it had a Mall inside of it! We ate Chinese and then had a Coke and an Advil. I was craving a smoothie. I had one of them and then my MIGRAINE when away!!!! I was go happy. We had a 2 hour layover in Houston. Then we got on a little bigger plane. A six seater. And I was much happier. This flight was only 1 hour and 20 minutes!! We had a lot more fun on this flight. No one sat by me in the 3rd seat so we got to relax. We had to fill out immigration papers and that took a while. Then we played a game and took a little nap. When we got close we were watching out the window (half a wing) and we saw lots of cruise ships. That was cool. Then the plane dropped fast and kept laying one wing down. We were swaying back and forth a lot. Then he went down really fast and we were only about 100 yards from the water and straight to the landing strip. That was a scariest ride I have ever been on. I had to stop and pray that we would not go into the water. I was terrified. It didn’t help that in the 3 hours sleep that I had I had a dream of the plane going into the water and we had to swim to shore. Bad Dream! We had a really ruff landing but we made it. We had to get off on the tarmac. When the door opened (WOW)it was hot and humid, I think it was about 85 and 80% humidity. Mike has never felt real humidity and he about dropped. It was bad. We then had to stand in a 60 person line and go through customs. That took about an hour. I heard that it took 4 hours for a friend once. We had the funniest ride to the hotel. I don’t think they have speed limits. He was going so fast. And there were mopeds everywhere! They were so cool. That is what they drive instead of cars. We saw a mule with a sombrero on his head bulling a little buggy down the road. And there were a lot of shops. They were so cool. This is a really rundown island but, the people here are so happy. $8 is about a full day salary. Thursday we got to the hotel and it was awesome!! There were so many Palm trees, bushes and flowers. There were flamingos and parrots, lizards, turtles and frogs, there were peacocks and lots of noisy black birds. There were 4 restaurants and there were no doors or windows on anything, everything was open to the world. It was beautiful. The black birds, which looked like a crow, would sit on the chair next to you as you ate and they would wait until you left and sweep in and steal your food. There was 2 buffets and we could eat there anytime of the day. Everything was included in the price of the hotel. We could eat as much as we wanted. I came back 10 pounds heavier. Our room was really cool. They have little bungalows all over the place. And your room was in that. We were just outside the pool and just 2 rooms from the beach. Every night there was a show that the hotel put on. They were funny. There was also a dance club but it didn’t open until 11pm, to late for us, we never went. Dinners were reservations and you had to dress up. That was nice because we were all in our swimsuits all day. The ocean was so cool. It was warm water and there were fish just under the pier. There was a storm coming in so the water was muddy. We couldn’t see through it. And the sand was washed away, there was a lot of coral just at the water line. It was difficult going out in the water. We couldn’t go snorkeling because of the storm. Mike was able to go in on Saturday for just a little bit. He said there was cool fish down there. I couldn’t go in the water it was so muddy and I was scared. Someone saw a stingray just by the pier. There were a lot of conch shells that would wash up on the beach. We saw an arrow head squid on the beach one morning. Mike picked it up and threw it at me and its head flew off. Sunday the storm got really bad and the harbor was closed to boats. There were really bad waves and boats were rocking all over the place. The wind felt really good though. It really cooled things off. I actually put on my sweat shirt. The storm brought in a lot of shells and sea erchants. We saw a sea cucumber. And a baby star fish, about the size of a quarter. We got a lot of small shells. But I never saw medium ones that I wanted to bring home to the kids. We had a lot of time to just sit on the beach an tan. Friday I did get burnt on my chest. The rest of the time I tanned. Mike got a funny tan on his chest, he missed some spots with the sunscreen. But so did most of the men in our group. Saturday we went into town and went shopping. 3 hours of walking, our feet hurt. We had a lot of fun looking at knickknacks. I found a cool statue that I really wanted but I didn’t want to pay $25 for it. And no one wanted to barder with me. I got one lady down to $15. I didn’t end up getting it. The money is different $1 US is $10 pesos. They really like to have us money so they let you pay a little less. I was really cool to see the Cruise Ships that dock in that area. The Island is on the Columbia Reef, the second largest reef in the world. We were supposed to boat out to it and snorkel and then watch the sun set and come back after dark. But then the storm came in and the boats were grounded Sunday and Monday morning. We had it scheduled for Sunday. They postponed it until Monday but then they decided not to go because the waters were still not open by noon. Just after they canceled, the water calmed and then there were 20 boats out on the water. We were so mad that it was canceled, because we had to leave at 9am Tuesday and were not able to do anything. We got up early in the morning and went out to get some final sea shells and the water was crystal clear. You could see everything. It was so cool. But we had to hurry and eat breakfast and pack. We left for the airport and had to sit there for 2 hours. Out flight was not until 12 noon. We went shopping in the airport and got a few things for the kids, Maracas and some frames. We got into another medium plane with 6 seats wide, and we headed for Houston. I read a half of a book on that flight. It was only about an hour and half long. Then we had a layover in Houston again for a couple hours. Our plane again was the small one, and we sat in the same seat. I decided to put in some ear plugs and watch a movie on the laptop. It helped a lot. This time there was no headache!! We did have 150 mile an hour head winds. So it took about 30 extra minutes to get into SLC. And it was raining there and COLD!! We drove to Tremonton that night to get some sleep and then on home in the morning. It was a long trip but TOTALLY worth it.
Today we packed for Mexico! We had a lot to do still. I had to do a lot of laundry and get packed. Mike was coming home at noon and David at 3pm and we were leaving for Utah. I finally got all of us packed and then we still had to clean the house. Vacuum, Scrub bathrooms, Dishes, Change sheets, Pick up the dogs mess out side. You know just make the house ready for family to come and take care of the animals and kids. Kaitlyn had Pre-school at noon-2 and then Dance at 2:30. This was her last dance class this year. Her recital is on the 21st. I can’t wait! Mike came home and was a big help. He did all the bathrooms for me. David came home and we were ready to go. We left around 3:30 and headed for Utah. We stopped in Pocatello for Dinner. Arbeys. And Then on to Tremonton to Mom and Dad Skoy’s, just to check in and give them some instruction on the when they get back home with them on Sunday. We left there and took the kids to Kaysville, Kristie’s house. They were so excited to stay at their cousins house. They don’t get to see them very often and to get to stay for 4 days is unheard of. The jumped out of the car and ran in the house. We couldn’t say goodbye to them fast enough. We gave them hugs in the middle of them playing and they didn’t even get upset. It was 8pm when we left and headed over to Angies. She had a bed for us to sleep in. When we got there Mike had a computer problem so My Mike had to try and fix it. Angie and I talked for a few minutes and I headed off to bed. Mike finally made it around 11pm.
Thursday April 12,
We slept until 2 (wow 3 hours) and then had to leave for the Airport. Our flight was at 5:30 from SlC to Houston. When we got to the Airport No one was there. I thought SLC was a 24 hr Airport. Not so. They don’t open until 4. We were told to be 2 hours early for our flight! We had to wait for the ticket office to open up. We got our tickets and then checked our baggage, then as we went to go through security, THEY WERE CLOSED! They don’t open until 4:30! So there was a big line for them. We got through easily and then waited for our flight and the rest of the crew of Valley, I was looking out side by our gate and it looked like a private plane was in our terminal. We flew Continental. I told Howard (owner) that we better not be riding in that thing. WELL GUESS WHAT! It wasn’t a private plane, but, it did only have 13 rows and 3 seats across! You couldn’t even stand up in the plane. My short head touched the top!! I was so nervous! Our seat was row 12. By the Bathroom. We also sat over the wing, and just in front of the engine!!! The noise did not go away the entire 3 hour flight!!!! If anyone knows what that sounds like I am sorry. Me on 3 hours sleep and then a flight in tight spaces with an engine in my head, I was just supposed to have a Migraine today. And I did. This was the longest flight I have ever been on. I was at the window and so I could see out, but what could I see, the wing! Oh and Clouds. It was so cloudy that we couldn’t see SLC when we got up there. We finally saw land when we got into Texas. There are a lot of Trees in Texas. More than Idaho! I was so impressed! We had a little bit of turbulence but we had a nice landing. I never want to ride in a plane like that again. I tried to get away from the noise by listening to music. That didn’t work, too loud. I tried to sleep but I couldn’t when we were so close we were on top of each other. I tried to play a video game, but my eyes hurt with the migraine. My ears would not pop, I think that was a lot of the migraine also! W finally got into Houston and we went to get something to eat.. This Airport was so big, it had a Mall inside of it! We ate Chinese and then had a Coke and an Advil. I was craving a smoothie. I had one of them and then my MIGRAINE when away!!!! I was go happy. We had a 2 hour layover in Houston. Then we got on a little bigger plane. A six seater. And I was much happier. This flight was only 1 hour and 20 minutes!! We had a lot more fun on this flight. No one sat by me in the 3rd seat so we got to relax. We had to fill out immigration papers and that took a while. Then we played a game and took a little nap. When we got close we were watching out the window (half a wing) and we saw lots of cruise ships. That was cool. Then the plane dropped fast and kept laying one wing down. We were swaying back and forth a lot. Then he went down really fast and we were only about 100 yards from the water and straight to the landing strip. That was a scariest ride I have ever been on. I had to stop and pray that we would not go into the water. I was terrified. It didn’t help that in the 3 hours sleep that I had I had a dream of the plane going into the water and we had to swim to shore. Bad Dream! We had a really ruff landing but we made it. We had to get off on the tarmac. When the door opened (WOW)it was hot and humid, I think it was about 85 and 80% humidity. Mike has never felt real humidity and he about dropped. It was bad. We then had to stand in a 60 person line and go through customs. That took about an hour. I heard that it took 4 hours for a friend once. We had the funniest ride to the hotel. I don’t think they have speed limits. He was going so fast. And there were mopeds everywhere! They were so cool. That is what they drive instead of cars. We saw a mule with a sombrero on his head bulling a little buggy down the road. And there were a lot of shops. They were so cool. This is a really rundown island but, the people here are so happy. $8 is about a full day salary. Thursday we got to the hotel and it was awesome!! There were so many Palm trees, bushes and flowers. There were flamingos and parrots, lizards, turtles and frogs, there were peacocks and lots of noisy black birds. There were 4 restaurants and there were no doors or windows on anything, everything was open to the world. It was beautiful. The black birds, which looked like a crow, would sit on the chair next to you as you ate and they would wait until you left and sweep in and steal your food. There was 2 buffets and we could eat there anytime of the day. Everything was included in the price of the hotel. We could eat as much as we wanted. I came back 10 pounds heavier. Our room was really cool. They have little bungalows all over the place. And your room was in that. We were just outside the pool and just 2 rooms from the beach. Every night there was a show that the hotel put on. They were funny. There was also a dance club but it didn’t open until 11pm, to late for us, we never went. Dinners were reservations and you had to dress up. That was nice because we were all in our swimsuits all day. The ocean was so cool. It was warm water and there were fish just under the pier. There was a storm coming in so the water was muddy. We couldn’t see through it. And the sand was washed away, there was a lot of coral just at the water line. It was difficult going out in the water. We couldn’t go snorkeling because of the storm. Mike was able to go in on Saturday for just a little bit. He said there was cool fish down there. I couldn’t go in the water it was so muddy and I was scared. Someone saw a stingray just by the pier. There were a lot of conch shells that would wash up on the beach. We saw an arrow head squid on the beach one morning. Mike picked it up and threw it at me and its head flew off. Sunday the storm got really bad and the harbor was closed to boats. There were really bad waves and boats were rocking all over the place. The wind felt really good though. It really cooled things off. I actually put on my sweat shirt. The storm brought in a lot of shells and sea erchants. We saw a sea cucumber. And a baby star fish, about the size of a quarter. We got a lot of small shells. But I never saw medium ones that I wanted to bring home to the kids. We had a lot of time to just sit on the beach an tan. Friday I did get burnt on my chest. The rest of the time I tanned. Mike got a funny tan on his chest, he missed some spots with the sunscreen. But so did most of the men in our group. Saturday we went into town and went shopping. 3 hours of walking, our feet hurt. We had a lot of fun looking at knickknacks. I found a cool statue that I really wanted but I didn’t want to pay $25 for it. And no one wanted to barder with me. I got one lady down to $15. I didn’t end up getting it. The money is different $1 US is $10 pesos. They really like to have us money so they let you pay a little less. I was really cool to see the Cruise Ships that dock in that area. The Island is on the Columbia Reef, the second largest reef in the world. We were supposed to boat out to it and snorkel and then watch the sun set and come back after dark. But then the storm came in and the boats were grounded Sunday and Monday morning. We had it scheduled for Sunday. They postponed it until Monday but then they decided not to go because the waters were still not open by noon. Just after they canceled, the water calmed and then there were 20 boats out on the water. We were so mad that it was canceled, because we had to leave at 9am Tuesday and were not able to do anything. We got up early in the morning and went out to get some final sea shells and the water was crystal clear. You could see everything. It was so cool. But we had to hurry and eat breakfast and pack. We left for the airport and had to sit there for 2 hours. Out flight was not until 12 noon. We went shopping in the airport and got a few things for the kids, Maracas and some frames. We got into another medium plane with 6 seats wide, and we headed for Houston. I read a half of a book on that flight. It was only about an hour and half long. Then we had a layover in Houston again for a couple hours. Our plane again was the small one, and we sat in the same seat. I decided to put in some ear plugs and watch a movie on the laptop. It helped a lot. This time there was no headache!! We did have 150 mile an hour head winds. So it took about 30 extra minutes to get into SLC. And it was raining there and COLD!! We drove to Tremonton that night to get some sleep and then on home in the morning. It was a long trip but TOTALLY worth it.
1 comment:
I finally got through your entire post. Sounds like a fun trip!
Post a Comment