Monday, July 09, 2007

Lots of stuff....

There is a lot of things going on lately. The kids spent a week in Utah at their grandparents. They were really busy. Swimming pool, Cherry Hill, playing with cousins........ We picked them up on Saturday a week ago. We took them straight to Ross Park for Mikes work party. (Photos Below) They had so much fun there, I really want to take friends there and play all day. We had a fun 4th of July. My back had been out Monday and Tuesday, I was flat on my back for a couple days. Wednesday afternoon I felt better and we decided to go to the fireworks. We went up around 7pm and found a great place by Highway 20, on the way to our old house. It was just a grassy spot by the road. We palyed games and tossed a frizbee. Our spot wasnt crowded so the kids were able to run around. And it was safer than on the river. I will show you photo's soon. We were able to sit in the back of the Van. That was really nice. When it got hot we turned on the A.C.! the kids made beds in the back and watched the fireworks from there. Kaitlyn tried falling asleep in the middle of them... We really had a great time and we made it out of the crowds with out stopping, and home on the freeway in 15 minutes!! It has been really hot here. 104 was the hottest I herd. our house has not cooled off. I had a meeting Thursday night with a new RS Enrichment group I am in charge of. I was sweating early in the morning so I knew that it would be really bad to have 10 other women here. (one pregnant!) so we borrowed my moms AC. it will tell you how hot you house is. it would only read 2 digits and so it would only say HI, it was hot during the meeting but barable. When the ladies left I checked the AC and it said 88!! Luckaly only 3 showed up! It would have been really HOT will everyone in the house... Friday we had a game night with my family. Richard, Shari, Scott, Sabrina, Mom, Me and my kids were there. Mike was in Jackson and Alpine all day so he was to tired to play. We played Nertz all night. It was alot of fun. My Dad hates that game so we dont get to play it very often. He was at the cabin so we played all night long!! We took off to Island Park at 8am on Saturday. My Grandpa Nielson owns a cabin there and his kids and some of us grandkids went for a informal reunion. My kids were really bored, there was no kids there and not much for them to do. We finally went to Island Park Resevor. They really liked that. They played in the sand and got in the water. Until a storm came in and we had to go back to the cabin. Mike had fun driving to the lake on a Dirt Trail with 4-6 inches of powder on them. There were really bad ruts and we couldnt drive in them with the van so we would try and stay on the side, but we would just slide back into them because of all the dirt. We had fun, we left there at about 9pm. Kaitlyn fell asleep on the way home. I will have to show photos soon from our past week. I have a lot to show you. I hope it cools off SOON!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have done some fun thing lately. Maybe we should get Missy & Danielle together and got to Ross park one day.

Arlyn said...

Chad's family really likes Nertz, too. I am a little hesitant to play games with his family. They make up their own rules and I get so confused!