I am so glad that my MOM was willing to help me bottle carrots! I would have never done it on my own this year. I didn't know how to do it and I don't have the pans to do it in. We thought it would take about 4 hours to cut and peel and bottle them but it only took 2.5 hours. All thought it took me another hour to dig them out of the ground and pop the tops off. Mike was working over time so the kids helped me! Mike finally got some overtime!! He had to drive to North Fork, Idaho. Don't know where that is, I had to map qwest it, it's past Salmon and on the border of Idaho/Montana. He left before 8am and made it back at 5pm. He had to pick up some copy machines and bring them back to the shop in IF. What a long boring ride.
I have to take a photo of the jars and post it here later. We did 12 jars and that was only half! I left the rest for her and she canned more.
3 comments:
Is your garden a really dangerous place, or is David just a safety-concious boy? Maybe I should wear a helmet around my kids. Good idea, David!
That is really funny, i didnt even notice until you told me about his helmet! He was riding his bike!! ;0)
That helmet is hilarious!!!
Post a Comment