Mike's Aunt Bonnie Skoy is on a mission in Madagascar and I had to share this exerpt from a couple of her journal entries.
sept 18,
"There is a man in Tomasina who has a congregation of 85 people who are meeting together looking for a religion to follow. He is interested in the church but they have asked him to wait until the branch is divided so no one gets lost and until the leadership is ready to handle that many more converts. Can you imagine! "
Nov 5,
"A woman sat by me and asked me when the church "fiongonana" was going to bring the missionaries to the village to teach them. I told her of all the cities in Mada where we had churches but that we could not send missionaries to her village as yet because it was too far from the nearest church. You have to be 40 minutes from a church to have missionaries teach there at this point. She said she understood but as I left she said,"bring them soon" "
It is just awesone that there are so many people looking for the church. But sad that they are told that they can not join at that time. I love to read Aunt Bonnies journal entries. She is in a beautiful country and I love to hear about the people of Madagascar.
2 comments:
Those are such neat journal entries! It must be exciting for her to be in such a neat place!
Heather
WOW! Those are amazing stories!
Post a Comment