
I am almost half way there, and I have one week to finish all my pages. I am so glad that I have friends that are challenging me. I went to the Humanitarian Night last night and it was awesome. We got so many projects completed! I wish more people would have shown from my ward though. We had maybe 7 people there. There could have been so much more done. There ate a lot of gloves and pants to sew. I brought the wodden blocks home to sort and put in fabric bags. The kids went with me yesterday and helped me sand and oil the blocks. David really hated getting the mineral oil on his hands! He wanted to put together the school kits. He was a huge helper to everyone there. If someone dropped something he would run across the gym to pick it up. He helped put some quilts on frames and color some Childrens activity kits. It gave me great joy to see them participating in something so giving. They have learned that all these things are going to country's that need them and kids that have nothing. They understood and wanted to help! They may be crazy kids most of the time but when it is time to do something meaningfull they are right there to help.
1 comment:
That's neat that you could involve them in the project. I hear you about the ward. Sometimes, the turnouts can be pretty low.
Post a Comment