The Baptism went over really well. We arived at 9:30 to the church. David and Mike went to get their baptismal clothing on and then we waited quietly for the baptism before us to finish.


David was not nervouse that we could see, or that he would say. I was told last minute (thursday) that I needed a musical number. I did not plan on one. So I had them put in David's favorite song "I am a child of God" and then I asked the cousins when they arrived if they would sing. It was funny, I got made fun of, but it worked really well. David asked his Grandma's to speek. Grandma Skoy on baptism and Grandma Johnson on the Holy Ghost. I really liked both of the talks. He asked the Grandfathers to be witnesses to the baptism. (make sure he went completely under the water.) He asked his Great Grandfather to say the opening prayer. We sang two songs "When I am Baptized" and "I know my Father Lives" they typed the name of the first one wrong on the program, so we had to tell everyone at the last minute that it was a different song. oops. David asked my Uncle to say the closing prayer, but he is not a member and so I tried to explain to him that he may not want to do it. When we told him about it he was shocked that David would even ask. David really likes my Uncle Lou. So Mike's sister Kerri said the closing prayer. Afterwords we went home and prepared for a BBQ.


I think it went over well. We had good food and A LOT of family there. I may count them someday but not today. He really enjoyed his cousins from Utah there. Mike had 2 sisters,and spouses, his parents and six nieces and nephew's there. I had all 4 of my dads siblings and spouses there, my parents, my grandfather and 10 of my cousins there. He also had friends that came to the baptism. I was disapointed that none of my siblings came. Luckilly David did not notice.

He got lots of great presents. Scriptures, scripture bag, scrapbook on baptism, 2 tie tacks, a boy's CTR ring, a couple book marks and Future Missionary pin. The greatest present of all was his cousins here all day. They stayed until after 8pm. We got to go and visit Kerri's baby chicks and her dogs. We also took the kids to pizza and ice cream! That was a blast.

My 200th Post on this Blog!
5 comments:
Congrats to David! How neat to have so much family! He looks happy in his pictures. We'll be doing that in 13 days. :)
I dig David's socks and sandals combo.
Yippee on 200 posts!
Congratulations David!!! hey kris I was beginning to get worred again about you. Been a while since you posted. But it is summer and the last thing i want to do is be inside on the computer. So I get it. hope you are feeling ok. tell everyone hi for me. love ya.
sorry that anonymous was me. Love echo
We would have been there had we been invited.
Jolynn you were invited. I put the invitation on the family blog. I would have also sent you an invitation by mail if you would give me your address.
Post a Comment