Kaitlyn came to me yesterday with this
"Mom, It isn't Halloween without Great Grandma"
a few minutes later
"Mom, It isn't Christmas without Great Grandma"
Wow she is amazing. I havent even thought about it. It won't be the same. My Grandma always had a special treat for each of the grandkids on Halloween. We always made sure to stop there and take photo's and get warm by her fire. The kids loved showing her their costumes and meeting up with my cousins at her house. It just wont be the same this year.
Kaitlyn really enjoyed visiting Great Grandma. We all miss her especially this time of year being the first Holidays without her. I keep thinking about how much she loved to be around my babies. I will miss her when this baby is born. She didn't even know I was pregnant. I wish I would have known that day in her hospital room so that I could tell her. Sorry to get all sad on you. I guess it doesn't help that I wear her shoes to church and her apron when cooking. It makes me think of her more often. But it also gives me a warm feeling of her being around. I am really missing going to her house and just sitting in the chair talking while she was watching soaps. Grandpa would be lying on the couch groaning about that is all she ever watched and she would just laugh. I loved to just sit and visit with her all by myself. She was the one grandparent that was truley interested in my day to day life. I so miss that connection. I wish I could go back and tell her how much I love her. I know she new, I did get to tell her one last time and I know she heard me. Even though she was out of it, she looked over at me and giggled when I told her. I can't wait for that day when I get to see her again.
No comments:
Post a Comment