Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sickness, Dr Visit, Hats...

Why is it that I am the one out of the family that gets the worst of the sickness. It can't be because I am Pregnant. I spent all day Tuesday in bed. It was horrible. My face swell up and I didn't have a sinus infection. I couldnt do anything. I felt so bad for the kids, I couldn't stay sitting up it was so tired. I took Kaitlyn to TaVaci and that was it. I called my Dad to come make them dinner, since Mike was working in SLC and would be home really late. I ran out of Klenex and he had to bring me more of that too. I went to the Dr yesterday for my 28 week appointment and the Dr said that I just had a typical cold. That made me feel better and I do feel a lot better now. I finally slept last night too, that made a HUGE difference today. My Dr said that everything was doing great with the baby. He has a strong heart beat. The crazy thing was that I went in for my glucose test. I had to fast for one hour before the visit and then I had to drink 8 oz of a glucose drink !HORRIBLE! Then I saw my Dr and she said I had to wait 10 minutes before they could do a blood test for the glucose. So they put me in a waiting room and I waited and waited. Finally 30 minutes later, I got fed up and I went and asked a nurse what was going on. She didn't know so she went on a hunt for my chart. After talking to a few people, she found out that I had to take the test exactly one hour after my drink and so I couldnt take the test. I would have to come back and take it again later....... I broke down in tears. I was so mad. I didnt eat anything the day before because I was sick in bed all day. I was having a difficult time holding down the glucose drink on an empty stomache. AND THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO DO IT AGAIN!!! I was sick...they told me they were sorry and they would send me movie tickets in the mail. WHAT! oh and some water and a cracker.... Ok so that made for a really bad day. I spent the rest of the day at Amy's, she tends to make me feel better about things. Ok so this is getting really long. Sorry... I have been helping Amy work on her Sister In Laws book of Cakes. It has been a long process. Hopefully we can get it finished in the first of next week. So I have been scrapbooking just not for myself and none that I can post here. It is for her Cake Buisness. Here are the hats that I made last week.
I dont know how many times I have turned this photo. It just wont load turned. Sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How frustrating! I would of cried too. But I'm glad to hear that you are feeling better.

Mrs. Andrews said...

Cute hats! Sorry you had such a bad day.. that would have been miserable!