Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Years

What party poopers we are! Of course with a new baby no one expects me to stay up all night. Last year I was in bed before the new year. This year Logan and I went to Missy's party and visited with some friends for 2 hours. Mike was painting the Laundry room and the kids were watching Space Chimps. I made it back in time to watch the kids fight over the Wii. Arround 10 they got kicked off the Wii. I planned on watching movies and playing card games, but I folded a batch of laundry and hurt my back....so much for having fun! I told them they could watch a movie on my bed. They didn't like that idea. David asked what else he could do. I said sit on the couch and stare at the wall! He chose to watch a movie. I was watching the news. But all I saw was 2 seconds of weather. I slept through the rest. Mike came up after painting a second coat and woke me up. It was 11:30. We watched some of the NYC celebration and David started to get a headache. I told him to lay on his pillow and I would wake him up when the ball dropped. He didn't want to go to sleep. I was surprised that Kailtyn stayed awake the entire time. When the ball dropped the kids ran to their rooms. They didn't have to stay up. We all slept in until 9! That was so nice! Even Logan! I finally broke down and switched him to formula. He LOVES it! He was eating every 2 hours. I would feed him, burp him, and lay him down. Then I would have on hour before he would be up again. I was really sore from feeing him that much. I would pump to see how much he was eating and he was getting 3 ounces. I had been feeding him 2 bottles a day for about 2 weeks and so I decided Sunday to switch to every other feeding would be formula. He was still eating every 2 hours. I saw the Dr on Tuesday and she said that it isn't worth it to feed that often. It would just wear me down. Wich it did! Tuesday night I fed him at 7 and then he woke up starving at 8. I tried to give him the binki and make him happy but nothing was working. Mike made him a bottle and he ate the entire 4 ounces! I must be no good for him. After that he slept until 3am! I gave in and gave him a bottle then too. He slept until 5:30 and so I just decided formula must be what he needs. He has had formula ever since and he is doing great on it. Eating every 3-4 hours. He is sleeping much better too. He actually got fussy last night and put himself back to sleep! 9,12,3,6:30,9:30 was when he ate last! I am really likeing this. Amy gave me some formula to try on him. He has been constipated this week and she thought this brand would be easier on him. It worked he pooped all night! THANKS AMY! Mike is laying tile today and hopefully we can take the kids sledding. They have been begging all vacation. We got a really big storm (when we were in Utah last) and today is the first day that we have time during the sunlight hours to go. The bad thing is, it rained and melted most of the snow! Or made it into ice! I also have to take my laundry to my moms today.. I should have a washer back Saturday. When the tile is grouted and dry. What a long process! It has been over a month working on this project. Now we have to have it done by Sunday so that we can move everything out of the family room into the Laundry. That is our new storage room. We are blessing Logan sunday and I have no idea how many people are comming. maybe 50 in my small living room! I hope they are ok with standing and eating! Ok this has been a long post... sorry! Here are photo's of Kaitlyn's 1st grade Christmas Concert. And a better one of My Aunt Connie with Logan. Isn't he so cute!
Santa came to her concert. What a cool photo!

2 comments:

Arlyn said...

He's looking pretty dang cute! I'm glad you're getting more sleep with the formula. I haven't used it since 2003. Sometimes I wish I did, but it's been easy to nurse, so I just didn't try very hard to get them on a bottle.

That is a neat picture of Santa and the manger!

Anonymous said...

It was good to see you New years eve! Glad you came. It was fun.