Josh, Katie, Adam, Abby, Logan, David, Kaitlyn.JPG)
Logan with all the pumpkins that the kids carved that day.
Ready Set GO!
This house was just down the road from Kristi's it had 2 real coffins and was totally decked out.
We had a great time with the family and the kids loved having someone to go trick or treating with. We went around Kristi's neighborhood an then to Angie's. It turned Dark just as we got to Angie's and we didn't know the neighborhood. So we follower her around and went to one of her friends houses that was serving hot cocoa and scones in their back yard. The bad thing was that there was so many people that we couldn't see the kids, plus it was dark. David was in the front of the line and he got his scone and ran ahead of us. We didn't know that until we were all sitting on the grass eating and couldn't find him. Mike left me with all the kids and he went down the street looking, then came back and he was not with him. So I took off. I was running up and down streets. I didn't know the neighborhood and neither did David. Their blocks are weird. They have walking paths between the houses and you could get lost in the day light. I couldn't find him either so I went back and we all decided to go back to the house. Angie called her son Nick and he was with a friend and they were going to look out for him. I freaking out. Loosing my son with the hundreds of people on the street in the dark. I knew he was freaking out also. So I ran to the house hoping that the kids could stay there and we could get in the cars and look better. When I turned the corner to the house there he was standing on the sidewalk shivering. I saw him and started crying and so did he. It was so SCARY! He was traumatized. I asked him how he found his way back? He said that he went to a couple houses getting candy and then figured out that we were not with him. So he asked if he could use the phone and he called my cell. I didn't have my cell on me!!! It was in my purse back at the house! He called a couple times and then decided to ask if the people knew Angie's Family. They did! They should it is her ward. They had one of their sons take him back to her house. I wish we knew who it was so I could send them a HUGE THANK YOU!! I had images in my head of walking the streets at 1am calling out his name, calling the police and never finding him. We went inside and all he wanted to do was hold me. The other kids wanted to go do more trick or treating but he just couldn't. So we headed back to Kristi's and Mike took the rest of the kids out. David got his candy out and put on some comfy clothes and we sat and just held each other. That night we drove back to Mike's Parents so we could get home early in the morning. It was my 1st week in the Primary Pres. so we had to be at church. I thought I had recovered from the whole ordeal but typing it just brought back all those feelings....
No comments:
Post a Comment