Tuesday, June 03, 2008

12 week Dr Appointment

I went to my 12 week appointment. It was a long appointment. I went in at 2 and got out at 3:30. I sat in the office for a half an hour before the Dr came in. Then my Dr kept getting phone calls and he would take them there in the room with me. So he really didn't talk to me. He told me that he thought that my Iron was ok. But the Nurse was worried about it and wants me to go on Iron pills. I can not swallow pills and Iron is impossible to chew so I really don't want to go on Iron liquid. When the Dr was checking for a heart beat, he could not find one. He pushed everywhere and hard and could not find it. I was getting worried and he said not to worry that this happens a lot at 12 weeks. But then he walked out into the hall without helping me off the table and told the nurses that the lady in this room needs an Ultrasound NOW! Ok what about not worrying? Then he ran off to deliver a baby and left me laying on the table! The nurse came in and took me to another waiting room and I had to wait there for another 30 minutes until the ultrasound. It was horrible waiting. I wanted to call Mike and have him come over to be with me but I didn't think that he would make it in time. If I would have known it was a half hour he could have been there. I finally went back and they found the baby really quickly and the heart beat was great (172 bpm) I don't know why the Dr couldn't find it. I was glad to get to see photo's again of the baby. It is so big. I could see hands and feet and it was laying kinked on its head. It was moving around too. I am so glad that everything is OK. I feel like taking it easy though just in case. I don't want to feel that worried again.


3 comments:

Mrs. Andrews said...

It's awful waiting and worrying!!! I'm glad everything is okay and it is FUN to see the ultrasounds!!! Take it easy and if you need me I'm not that far! It was good to be able to talk with you a bit yesterday at the ball game - we really need to get together soon and let the kids play!

Arlyn said...

Sounds to me you need a new doctor. I had a horrible one with Daniel and I wish I hadn't been so forgiving. Are you going to Rosemark? I haven't heard good things about them. My doctor was/is good if you're interested!

But at least you got more ultrasound pictures!

Kristy Skoy said...

Yes I am going to Rosemark. I have heard bad things there too. I just have always gone there and dont know how to find a new good Dr. I dont want to switch now. I just hate that they never have time for you.