Sunday, June 29, 2008

Yard Sale.

I have been busy putting together a yard sale. We held it this weekend at my dad's house. Friday was really busy. We sold more than half of our stuff that day. That night I was exhausted and the kids stayed at grandma's for a sleepover. They don't get that very often because my mom works and is not home for them in the morning. Mike and I should have gone on a date but I was too tired so we just watched tv and went to bed early. The Yard Sale on Saturday was slow. I was surprised. We made the money that we needed to get out of the sale though. David was so excited, he made $3o. he sold all the toys that he doesn't play with any more. Kaitlyn and David sold Popsicles, it was to hot for them to sit and sell them so they only made a total of $4. They also had to play with my friend Missy's kids all day. They flooded their yard and it connects to my dad's yard so they enjoyed the heat. I didn't enjoy the smell of the ditch water on them. After the sale we packed up almost everything and sent it to D.I. We crashed that night. It was HOT and we were exhausted. The kids got a second wind around 8 pm and we had to do some pops fireworks. After that weekend they couldn't get up for church this morning. We made it only 5 minutes late. W all took a 2 hour nap today. I hope I can sleep tonight. Sorry no photo's. I will post some soon of David's Baseball games.

1 comment:

Arlyn said...

I'm glad you had some success! I'm jealous that you got a nap. Getting out of church at 3:30 is killer!