Monday, July 07, 2008

July 4th

How was your 4th of July? Picnics, fireworks, parades? First of all the kids left for Utah on Wednesday with Grandpa Skoy. YEA! some time to relax and get my cramps to subside. And they did go away! I am feeling much better in that department. On Friday morning we planned on going to Utah in time to take the kids to a small town parade. Well, they didn't have a parade. So we ended up taking our time and making there for lunch. Mom had a nice roast and potato lunch for us. Then we sat around the house all day. I was wondering if we were going to do anything with the kids. It is the 4th of July and I am use to celebrating all day long. Finally after Mike got tired of me bugging him (waking him up) to go and do something, he said we could go to Wal-Mart in Brigham City. They were having sales in Idaho that I had been getting great deals on kids clothing. So we went to check it out. I got a pair of pants for Kaitlyn for $2.50 and a skirt for $3.50. I was getting shirts for $1.50 in Idaho Falls. Then we headed back to Grandma's. Me and the kids were hungry and I asked if there was any plans for dinner. Well.... Grandma Skoy only cooks one meal a day and she already did that so we were on our own to find something.... We ended up having hot dogs and left overs. The kids were begging all night to do fireworks. I finally told them that they could do sparklers at 7pm and then we could do the rest at dark. They didn't realize how long it was until it got dark. They were bored and so was I. Mike likes to watch movies with his dad when we go visit them. I can't watch movies all day! Finally it was dark and we did our fireworks. We were told that we could see two cities fireworks from the back yard. Well we waited and nothing...... There was no fireworks! The kids were so disappointed. We all went to bed.
Saturday we went to Kayseville to Adam's Baptism and then we went to Ogden to dinner. The kids really enjoyed seeing their cousins. They drove me crazy at the restraint though. I was going to ground them when we got back to grandma's but they rode with grandma and got there before us. They had their swimming suits on and were running out the door to go to the swimming pool when we drove up. I caught them and told them they didn't ask me and I didn't think they deserved to go. Well grandma already said they could go and she was taking them. I had no choice. The funny thing was that the pool closed as soon as they got there! They came back and turned on the sprinkler for about 30 minutes. I sent them to bed at 8pm. Even though they were at grandma's. They needed it badly. They slept so good and woke up sooo happy! Sunday on our way home our car broke down!!!! It just stopped on the freeway out side of Blackfoot. We were so close to home! The bad thing was that it was 11:30 am and everyone we knew was in church. My parents were in Island Park. Finally we got a hold of my Uncle Todd and he came and picked us up and took us home. After being in the HOT car for 45 minutes all I wanted was my home and an A.C.! We couldn't get a hold of anything to haul the car home with. Of course it was Sunday and everyone is closed. I am so grateful for our friends Jared and Amy. They were in Utah and arranged for his brothers to come and get Mike and get the car up on a trailer and haul it back Jared's house. We are in the process of tearing into the car tonight. Hopefully it is only the timing belt. It may have hurt the engine. I am hoping that the engine does not have to be replaced... It would cost more than the car. I will keep you updated. I will be without a car until Friday, if it is fixable. Oh and now my lower legs ache. If I stand on them for 5 minutes they hurt so bad I could drop. I am calling the Dr tomarrow and hopefully we can do something about it. I will post photo's soon of our weekend and baseball and strawberries!

No comments: