Friday, August 29, 2008

Working hard

We are working hard on David's new room! He is very excited to have a larger room. Mike has given up his "Man Cave". David's old room was not big enough for a crib and him, and Kaitlyn was not happy to share her room with a baby BOY. So we decided to put David down stairs. He was afraid of the spiders so we sprayed the inside of the house and all the spiders came out of the cracks and died. It has been about a month now and we have had NO SPIDERS in our house!! David got to pick out paint the other day and he of course chose green! But this time he chose a limey green. I don't know if I will be able to paint it on his walls!!! I hope when it is on the walls it looks good. The things we do for our kids happiness.....
Here are photo's of the room during the remodel. It had paneling on the walls and a drop ceiling. The carpet had horrible cat smells in it and so we gutted the entire room. Luckily there was new drywall behind the paneling. Saturday Mike's dad came up and they put in the drywall on the ceiling and taped and mudded. I am hoping that Mike will come home today by noon and we can get the rest of the mudding and texture done today. Maybe tomorrow we can prime and paint! then we have doors and trim to paint. Finally we may be able to lay carpet next weekend!
Then David can move in!!! We don't have a heater for it yet though. That and a blind are the next on the list to buy.....

2 comments:

Mrs. Andrews said...

I bet David is so excited!!! I hope the color turns out well for you... So, how will you decorate the new baby's room?

Kristy Skoy said...

I am not changing the baby's room. It is a boy and the room is green and blue. So it will work perfectly!