I have been doing a wedding cake for Mike's Nephue Jake. His Open House is Saturday. It looks really good! I had help getting the icing nice and smooth.
Friday, February 27, 2009
I got hit by a SCHOOL BUS!
Thursday I was driving home from Desi's to get my kids when they got off the bus. I was on Country Club and stopped at the stop sign crossing New Sweeden Highway. A School bus full of kids (mostly primary kids from my ward) was on New Sweeden turning on to country club. She took to wide of a turn and came within a foot of my Van and stopped. I could see her coming and knew she was to close. I was just getting my car in reverse to get out of her way when she rammed me! It was a more like she was pushing me. There was not big hit or jolt of any kind. I had Logan in the car and he wasn't disterbed at all. She then decided to back up and move out of the way of traffic. When she did that, her bumper got stuck in my tire and tore my allignment and her bummper off. There is only a small dent inbetween the door and the tire. But we did have to call a tow truck. I was 2 minutes away from my house and the kids were getting off the bus at that same time! I called my dad and told him he had to go to my house NOW!! I was in an accident and I would call him later. He got there and the kids were wondering around the house looking for me or a phone. Kaitlyn was worried. I called 911 and they had already had a report of the accident. A friend of mine's sister in law was behind the bus and saw the whole thing. So she stopped and stayed to talk to the police. I called Mike and told him and he was more worried about the car than me. I guess next time I wont say "I am ok", I will say "I need you!" When the police got there I asked them if I could have my dad come and get Logan so he wasn't in the cold. They approved and so I called my dad and he came and got Logan. His first car accident and he slept through the whole thing! Parents were comming to see where their kids were and trying to get them off the bus. But they couldnt let them go until the police wrote up the report and they took down every kids name address and where they were sittin gon the bus. Most of the kids were upset and crying. It was a little tramatic for them. I heard that they hit their heads on the seats in front of them. There was no QRU called. Wich upset most parents. An hour and a half later they brought a new bus in and transfered the kids and took them home. The police called Eatons and they towed the van and also took me home. Then decided that I needed a rental car and they took me to their shop and gave me a Purple PT Cruiser. It is cute, but it has a small back seat. The kids are really squished. I went home with knots in my stomache and shivering from the cold and the shock of the accident. My dad had called my mom and she was comming home early from work to help me out, and just to give me some comfort. It was really nice because all I wanted to do was wrap up in a blanket and lay down. It helped, but I still was a little shaky today and I had a really hard time falling asleep. My dad went home to make us dinner and I called the insurance company. They said that it looked like the school would take care of everything. OF COURSE THEY WILL, I DIDNT CAUSE THE CRASH! Our old Bishop, Ron Searle is the Bus Supervisor and he was really good to me. He made sure I was ok. He even called this morning to see how I was doing. He told me that everything would be taken care of. When Mike came home at 5:30 we went to see the van and then over to dinner at mom's. Then we left so I could make some phone calls and finish homework with the kids. I am glad it is over and I am starting to not think of it constantly.

I also made my dad a cake for his birthday.
Logan was playing in his bouncy chair for a second while I got a drink and this is what I came back to . He was so happy to be under his toys and to put his feet on the ground. What a cute kid!
He has also discovered his tounge. It is funny. Today he started sticking it out and sucking on his top lip! I have video... I will get load it soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The wedding cake looks way nice. I can never get icing to look that good. Maybe the next time I come down to Shelley I'll bring my two cake decorating books I have and you can look through them as well. See if there is anything else you want to learn to do. I really like the one by Wilton. Anyway it looks really good!
Sounds crazy - glad you guys are okay! And I hope you get your van back soon, that is just so bizarre! Your cake looks great, I bet Mike's nephew will be excited to see it.
WOW. I'm glad you are ok. Your cake looks great! Logan is growing so much. It's crazy.
Post a Comment