Saturday, April 10, 2010
Sickness.....
Logan has Croup. I have always thought Croup was just a bad cough. But NO! It is not fun at all! at 3:15 yesterday afternoon Logan came down with a 103 temp. and a barking cough all at the same time! He was miserable! We called the Dr and he wanted to see him around 7pm. So we packed up the kids and headed to IF to take him in. I took Logan in and left the others with Mike in the car. We don't need to make a ruckus with the whole family in there. The Dr said he has Croup and that he will have a fever for a couple days and that we don't want to worry about the number because it will be high and we just need to make him comfortable. So Tylenol or Motrin every 8 hours. Or do the combination rotating every 4 hours. He also put him on a Steroid to help his throat relax and not close off. He is having a hard time breathing. We also have to take him outside when it is really cold (like the middle of the night) and let him breath the cold air. During the day when it is not cold enough outside we have to put him in a hot steamy bathroom. But the cold is suppose to be better for him. So we went to Wal-Mart, got the prescription and loaded up on Motrin. We went home and listened to him cough all night. He was miserable. Mike was so kind to let me sleep as much as I could and he sat in the chair with him all night. Sometimes he would lay Logan down on the couch and get a few minutes of sleep, but that would not last long. When Logan coughs he cries because it hurts to cough, then he cries because it hurts to cry. It goes on for hours. I woke up every time he coughed and went to check on him and ask Mike if he wanted to switch. He always said he was fine and I could go back to bed. Then at 5:45 AM the phone rang! AHH! We were all actually ASLEEP! I have no idea who it was. It had to be a wrong number because I didn't recognize the number and they didn't leave a message. Who calls people that early? Anyway.. That woke up Mike and he decided that Logan was doing pretty good so he brought him to bed with us and tried to get some sleep. Well he was asleep until Mike laid him down. Then he woke up and would not go back to sleep. So then I was up for the day. Logan actually was up for the day too. So we turned on the TV and watched the news for a couple hours. Then at 8 am I had to wake Mike up. I had to go to Baptism's at the church at 9:30 and needed to get ready. I feel really bad that he only got 2 hours of sleep but I had to go and do my part in the Primary Presidency. Before I left at 9:15 Logan fell asleep. He was awake by the time I was home at 10 though. Poor Kid! He has been miserable all day. He has his Tylenol and is happy for one hour, then it wears off and he cries for about 3-4 until he can have some more. He has only taken 2 half hour naps today. I really hope he sleeps tonight. We all need the rest. I am glad that Mike can stay home from church with him in the morning. I have to much to do to stay home from Primary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor kid! I have a nebulizer if you want to borrow it. You can run plain water in it which would be easier than a steamy bathroom. Let me know!
I hope things get better. I'm sooo sorry!
Post a Comment