Monday, August 09, 2010

Thursday we left for or cabin in Stanley, Idaho. We planned on leaving home at 8 am but got stuck waiting on Kaitlyn to take her ADHD pill before we could leave. She wouldn't take it. She tried for 2 hours and we fought like crazy to get her to just swallow it. She never did. Mike threatened her, saying that they would stay home and David and I would go. But we finally decided that it was not nice to put her through that every morning. I would rather deal with the crazy all day. So we told her not to take it and she could go. We also took her DS away until she takes a pill.
We left at 9am and traveled to Blackfoot to get fishing licences and gas then off for the long car ride. Logan did great. He watched Curious George the movie all the way to Moore. There we stopped at the family property and had lunch at 11am. Logan got to play in the creek for the first time and he loved it. We needed to use the bathroom there but they must have moved the key, so we headed to Mackey Resivour and used theirs. We put in a new movie for Logan and headed out for the rest of our travels.
We got as far as 7 Turns ( a road that goes through a mountain and has 7 tight turns in a row) when Aunt Connie called. They had left he cabin to go get gas for the 4 wheeler and broke down. We were 30 minutes away from them but they were at a gas station so we planned on stopping there. We pulled in and watched them drive away. Someone ther helped them and got it all fixed. We got to the cabin around 1:30pm. Lou and Alex helped Mike pack all our stuff across the cable car ( a trolly that goes over he river). While the rest of us took the kids over. Connie, Lou, Alex, and Vickie surprised David and Kaitlyn with Vickies bro and sis Hunter and Saige.
They all played together and fed lots of chipmunks all day. They were all ready eating out of their hands. We made spagetti for dinner and I barely made enough. I hope no one starved.

After dinner Mike, Logan and I got on the 4 wheeler and headed to the hot spring on the river about 2 miles from the cabin. The others followed on the Bronco. Logan thought it was a swimming pool and had to lay on his belly and put his head in the water. I got all wet trying to keep him from drowning. When he started to shivver we took him back to the cabin. I was driving and about half way back Mike grabbed the break and made me stop. Then he pointed and said "BEAR"! Oh my gosh! I freeked out! There not even 100 yards away was a Black Bear stairing us down! We had spooked him and he ran up the hill but stopped when he felt safe and then I felt unsafe. I booked it back to the cabin with Mike on the back watching for the bear. We also saw 2 deer not far from the bear. We got back to the cabin and put Logan to bed. Then the rest of the family got back and we played a game and went to bed. But I coulnt sleep. I am to worried about the kids going outside for the next 4 days! BEAR!!!!!

3 comments:

Kira said...

Wow - that's crazy! It sounds like it was a fun trip though

Arlyn said...

So...did you get a picture of the bear for your scrapbook? ;)

Kristy Skoy said...

No I forgot my Camera on that trip. I was so mad at myself but I was not going back to get it.